Dr. Kerim Kürşat ÇEVİK was born in Karaman (Turkey) in 1985. He attended to Süleyman Demirel University (Isparta, Turkey) and obtained his B.S. in Electronics and Computer Sciences in 2007. He graduated from Selçuk University (Konya, Turkey) with M.S. in 2010 and Ph.D. in 2016 in Computer Engineering. During his graduate studies, he worked as a lecturer in Computer Programming Program in Nigde University where he became assistant professor in 2017. in 2018, he joined the Department of Management Information Systems in Akdeniz University (Antalya, Turkey) as an Associate Professor. He currently teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in artificial intelligence, image processing, biomedical, machine learning, computer-aided detection, medical informatics, data mining, mobile programming and computer vision. His current research interests are in applications of deep learning in biomedical, management and agricultural sciences. Dr. Çevik has authored papers in international journals, delivered talks in scientific conferences, authored book chapters.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Place and Date of Birth: Karaman (Turkey), 21 January 1985
Foreign Languages: English (KPDS score: 70-2016, YOKDIL Score: 78.25-2017)
Marital Status: Married with 2 children
Address: Akdeniz University, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Department of Management Information Systems, 07058 Konyaalti, Antalya, Turkey
Web: http://www.kursatcevik.com/ http://aves.akdeniz.edu.tr/kcevik/
Tel: +90-242-310 6963
Fax: +90-242-310 3565
Cell: +90-536-837 9550
Researcher ID: J-1702-2018
Scopus Author ID: 56816848700
Google Scholar ID: xcrOpwAAAAJ
2. EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC TITLES
- B.S.: Electronics and Computer Sciences, Süleyman Demirel University (Isparta, Turkey), 2007.
- B.S.: Computer Engineering, Necmettin Erbakan University (Konya, Turkey), 2018.
- M.S.: Computer Engineering, Selçuk University (Konya, Turkey), 2010. Thesis Title: Vehicle License Plate Recognition System With Artificial Intelligence Methods. Thesis Advisor: Associate Professor Hasan Erdinç KOÇER.
- Ph.D.: Computer Engineering, Selçuk University (Konya, Turkey), 2016. Thesis Title: Diagnosis Of Developmental Hip Dysplasia With Image Processing. Thesis Advisor: Associate Professor Hasan Erdinç KOÇER.
- Associate Professorship: Management Information Systems, Interuniversity Council (Ankara, Turkey), 10.03.2021.
3. ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
- Lecturer: Niğde Uni., Bor Vocational High School, Dept. of Computer Programming, (Niğde, Bor, Turkey), 16.11.2009-22.02.2017.
- Assistant Professor: Niğde Uni., Bor Vocational High School, Dept. of Computer Programming, (Niğde, Bor, Turkey), 22.02.2017-03.04.2018
- Assistant Professor: Faculty of Applied Sciences, Department of Management Information Systems, (Antalya, Turkey), 04.04.2018-10.03.2021
- Associate Professor: Faculty of Applied Sciences, Department of Management Information Systems, (Antalya, Turkey), 10.03.2021- …
Administrative Duties and Panel Memberships
- Chairman: Niğde Uni., Dept. of Computer Programming, 22.03.2017-03.04.2018.
- Assistant Chairman: Akdeniz Uni., Department of Management Information Systems, 20.07.2020-…
- Chairman: Akdeniz Uni., Department of Management Information Systems, Division of IT Management, 20.07.2020-…
- Member-Elect: Faculty of Applied Sciences (Akdeniz Uni.), Representative of Associate Professors, 03.10.2021-….
- Member: Akdeniz Uni., Quality Board, 2021-…
- Member: Akdeniz Uni., Distance Education Application And Research Center Board, 2022-….
4. THESES SUPERVISED
- M. KÖRDEMİR: “Determination and classification of brain tumors on MR images by deep learning method,” Akdeniz University, Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Div. of Biomedical Engineering, Co-Advisor, 05.07.2021.
- S. M. TAŞ: “Evaluation of the Effect of Distance Education Contents on Learning Achievement with Machine Learning,” Akdeniz Uni., Institute of Social Sciences, Division of Management Information Systems, in progress.
5. PROJECT DUTIES
As Principal Investigator
- “Door Control Based on License Plates,” TUBITAK, University Students Domestic/Overseas Research Projects Support Program, Project No: 1919B010600023, 2007.
- “Development of Textile Products Quality Control System,” Ministry of Science, Technology and Industry, Techno-enterprise Capital Support Program, Project No: 0273.TGSD.2014, 2015.
- “Computer Aided Egg Fertility Control System,” Akdeniz Uni., Scientific Research Projects Committee, Project No: FBA-2019-4898, 2021.
- “Teaching English in the Context of Tenses: Developing a Mobile Game and Testing Its Effectiveness,” Niğde Uni., Scientific Research Projects Committee, Project No: EBT 2018/02-HIDEP, 2019.
- “Breast Cancer Recognition and Classification System with Deep Neural Networks in Histopathological Images,” Bilecik Şeyh Edebali Uni., Scientific Research Projects Committee, Project No: 2019-01.BŞEÜ 25-02, 2021.
- “Detection and Classification of Brain Tumors by Deep Learning Method on MR Images,” Akdeniz Uni., Scientific Research Projects Committee, Project No: FYL-2020-5310, 2021.
6. AWARDS AND HONORS
- Best Paper Award: International Conference on Advanced Technology & Sciences (ICAT 2016), SELÇUK UNIVERSITY, 2016
- Competition First Place: Bilkent University Sentim Software Quest 2007, İHSAN DOĞRAMACI BILKENT UNIVERSITY, 2007
- There are over 290 citations to his publications.
- H-index: 8
- H10-index: 7
8. COURSES TAUGHT AT UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE LEVELS
- Web Design
- Data Structures
- Introduction to Database
- Database Management Systems
- Deep Learning
- Mobile Application Development
- Computer Hardware and Operating Systems
- Use of Information Technologies
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Computer Networks and Communication
- Algorithm and Programming
- Computer I-II
- Basics of Information Technology Use
- Basic of Computer Science
- Enterprise Database Management
- Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
- Biomedical Image Processing
- Evolutionary and Heuristic Algorithms
- Nature Inspired Algorithms
9. FIELD OF EXPERTISE
- Artificial Intelligence
- Heuristic Algorithms
- Image Processing
- Deep Learning
10. COMPUTER SKILLS
- Experience in Windows, Linux and Macintosh systems administration
- Design and maintenance of web pages
- Programming in Visual Studio, Android Studio, Anaconda and Matlab
- Familiar with C#,Ptyhon, C++, Java, Kotlin, PHP, ASPX and MySQL